Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spring Can Really Hang You Up the Most

photo by @irishgirl courtesy of Summer of Dresses
As many of you know, Spring in Minnesota has been a long time coming this year.  So the kick off for 2011 Summer of Dresses took me by surprise.  However, it also filled me with glee, being the kind of fake it 'till you make it kind of gal I am.  I had big plans to sew up Macaron in time for my attendance, but decided to spare myself a day of deadline sewing and head out in an outfit that at least featured a me-made skirt I recently finished.

The fabric is Echino Bus by Etsuko Furuya, in a colorway that hits every single one of my color happy places. Made into Simplicity 2226, a "learn to sew" pattern, that is super straightforward, and was amazingly true to size for me.  I love a wide yoked waistband, and the spacious pockets on this number insure its place in my summer wardrobe.

I was super excited that Patty was able to meet me there, to impress all the gorgeous stylish ladies with her fabulous dress and dazzling smile.  If you missed her post today about this great event, by all means go and check it out now, and I'm not just saying that because there's several more adorable pictures of me there..

Don't you wish you lived in Minneapolis now?

2 comments:

  1. I love this skirt! You keep this kind of adorable up and you and I will be making these for me! Mostly you. For mostly me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kind of adorable is just waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete