Friday, September 30, 2011

Everyone Makes Mistakes

Made from  Suzanie Cotton Linen in Licorice from Tina Given's Pernilla's Journey line available here
I made a half-circle skirt with a black knit elastic waistband- so easy and so flattering.  I lazily did a serged rolled hem too, making it a super fast project - less than one hour, if you don't count the time it took to hang it before hemming.  But maybe I should have made it more thoughtfully.  Perhaps you can find my mistake...



hint: the directional print is upside down on the back skirt.  GENIUS.
 So at first I was all "I teach sewing!  I can't wear this skirt.  I was just telling students the other night how important it is to think about the print, and accommodate for directional patterns.."  I was extra mad because the 3/4 circle skirt I cut out right after this one I did realize I would need to make it in 3 gores to make the pattern face the right direction all the way around... Sigh.


But then I thought about paying another $17 for the yard it would take to fix my mistake, and realized I didn't care that much if the seahorses in back were upside down.  And guess how many people noticed today?  None that I know of.  I could just say it's a protest of the state of cleanliness in our oceans...  Not that I'm a sloppy, lazy sewer....

2 comments:

  1. I would never have noticed so no mistake! I love the fabric and the seahorses makes into a great skirt. I do like the simple hem, less than an hour, I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot thank Mr Benjamin service enough and letting people know how grateful I am for all the assistance that you and your team staff have provided and I look forward to recommending friends and family should they need financial advice or assistance @ 1,9% Rate for Business Loan .Via Contact : .  247officedept@gmail.com. WhatsApp...+ 19893943740. Keep up the great work.
    Thanks, Busarakham.

    ReplyDelete